WE HAVE THE LARGEST DATABASE OF NATUROPATHIC DOCTORS OF CANADA AND WILL GLADLY REFER YOU TO THE ONE IN YOUR AREA OR TO THE ONE WHO SPEAKS YOUR LANGUAGE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR REFERRAL.
Today, more people than ever before are seeking and benefiting from naturopathic medical care and the number of naturopathic doctors is growing at record rates to accommodate this increased demand. Naturopathic doctors are experiencing greater recognition as health care practitioners and as experts in the field of natural and preventive medicine.
What is a Naturopathic Doctor or a Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine treats all forms of health concerns – from pediatric to geriatric, from irritating symptoms to chronic illness and from the physical to the psychological. It is the approach, philosophy and training of naturopathic doctors that sets it apart from other forms of health care.
Naturopathic physicians combine the wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science. Steeped in traditional healing methods, principles and practices, naturopathic medicine focuses on holistic, proactive prevention and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. By using protocols that minimize the risk of harm, naturopathic physicians help facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. It is the naturopathic physician’s role to identify and remove barriers to good health by helping to create a healing internal and external environment.
MODALITIES OF NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE INCLUDE:
HERBAL MEDICINE * CLINICAL NUTRITION * HOMEOPATHY * NUTRACEUTICALS * BIOTHERAPEUTIC DRAINAGE * TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE (TCM) * PHYSICAL MEDICINE * LIFESTYLE COUNSELLING * LABORATORY TESTING & PHYSICAL EXAMS
Naturopathic doctors address the fundamental causes of disease, heal the whole person through individualized treatment, and teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine. The foundation for a successful career as a naturopathic doctor is gained through courses in:
- History, philosophy and principles of naturopathic medicine;
- Art and practice of naturopathic medicine;
- Foundations of naturopathic medicine; and
- Biomedical sciences.
The Following Principles Are The Foundation of Naturopathic Medical Practice:
- The Healing Power of Nature : Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people that is ordered and intelligent. Naturopathic physicians act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm: Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient: utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat, avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms; and acknowledge, respect, and work with individuals’ self-healing process.
- Doctor as Teacher : Naturopathic physicians educate their patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. They also recognize and employ the therapeutic potential of the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Since total health also includes spiritual health, naturopathic physicians encourage individuals to pursue their personal spiritual development.
- Prevention: Naturopathic physicians emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
CHANGE IS A CHOICE. WITH INFORMATION, WE MAKE BETTER CHOICES. LET US BE YOUR TRUSTED INFORMATION PARTNER TO HELP YOU FOCUS ON BEING HEALTHIER, HAVING MORE SATISFACTION FROM LIFE AND IMPROVING YOUR WELL-BEING.
GET ON THE JOURNEY TO HEALTH TODAY WITH ONE OF THE NATUROPATHIC DOCTORS OF CANADA!